Wednesday, November 7, 2007

beauty is an attitude

Pricked: Extreme Embroidery
@ Museum of Art @ Design


I'm particularly interested in seeing Tilleke Schwarz's work. It looks really messy at first but the detail pictures on her website reveal super methodical stitching and funny narratives. Read her FAQ page. I've been clicking around her site and I'd pay the entry fee just to see her work in person. (Maira Kalman is also in the show and her solo exhibition of NYT stuff [see below] is @ Julie Saul gallery through Nov 24.) I enjoyed the radical lace show last year so I'm expecting more of the same if not better. Also: dudes who embroider. Who are not Kent Henrickson. Not that I don't lovelove his stuff but I'm ready to see something else.

Fransje Killaars: Installation: Figures, Colors First
@ MASS MoCA

I'm tired. I feel like there was more but I don't remember.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home