Monday, July 14, 2008

recommendations?

Weekends in the park are so nice. Obnoxious music festivals in said park, not so much. Between scouring the internibs, getting in touch with everyone I know about our new biz, fantasizing about being the next Chip Kidd and a new collaborative project with allison, I've been reading. Reading my little heart out, like I'm 12 years old again, and can't put down the latest Baby-Sitter's Club Super Special.

(wow, i just read on the wiki that some of the books were ghostwritten, and by a dude. Peter just said, "Of course they were ghostwritten.")

Maybe its that I have a lot of extra time on my hands post post post grad school, or that I need to brush up on my grammar stylie stylez since failing the NY Mag copy editing test (really, what a letdown, and after editing so many theses).

In the past week or so, I've read: A Million Little Pieces, The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing (again), Julie & Julia, started Naked (again) and Chip Kidd: Book One.

So, what I need from you, dear readers (judge? chris? anyone there?) are recommendations. And preferably something funny, memoir-esque and that I can borrow.

Seriously my faves back in the day (and I'd probably re-read them all now if i didn't sell them at mom's garage sale 15 years ago):

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

oh oh i got one! i just finished the booksellers daughter or something like that. its about an afghani family, the roles of women, etc. check on it

July 16, 2008 at 1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet!
thanks, little abner!

July 16, 2008 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Ryan Todd said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 27, 2008 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Ryan Todd said...

I read 'Wake Up, Sir!' recently but sorry, nothing memoir-esque I can offer like Million Little Pieces.

However, I may steal one of your current readings to check out so thanks for the indirect recommendations.

Congrats on graduating!

July 27, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home